Kia Ora you lot!

A few more photos, and another quick update -

Work is going well - I'm mainly working on material and creating resources for a 4 day workshop on communication and negotiation skills. This will be given to employees of various industry sectors (for example garment workers) to help them with their union activities and achieving things like better wagers and working conditions. Its interesting - so far I've just been collecting general information - but the fun part starts soon when we think of ways to adapt the games, debates, examples and techniques we know to fit a Khmer setting... thankfully we have been warned that the lecture style is out, and games, role plays and interactive stuff is in. ... I'll get some photos!

Other than that I'm still working on advocacy letters, and case summaries for land dispute and eviction cases - a few of which have become very 'hot' over the last few days (google 'group 78' and Phnom Penh).

I have also got flatmate for the next two months! Very fun to have someone else around, and great to have someone to talk over all the thoughts that living here encourages! It happened just by chance, and was a bit rushed - so it wasn't until afterwards that we discovered we are both vegetarian, like to buy organic and local produce... and when all her stuff turned up, I noticed she had a climbing harness and a bright yellow Ortlieb pannier! It just keeps getting better and better!! Excitement grows, as do plans for adventure, and the number of late night cups of tea on the balcony.

I have been joining in on some of her projects too, where my time allows (hence, why I am now typing up a document on communication over dinner in my favourite little cafe, where I have just discovered I can also get internet on my laptop) - which has meant trips out to the provinces, much to my delight!

Anyway, my dinner is now ready, and I should get onto my document writing! But much love to you all, thinking of familiar faces, places and smiles lots!

kisses and hugs
xx
Anna

1 comment:

andy said...

Wow i really love what you have written i haven read it all yet but i will you have some really interesting points of veiw that i agree with it seems that this trip has really opend your eyes to some amazine new things and that you feel so much better and wiser for it.. you strike me as a very Deep person any way and your travels have only added to this....i love the first paragraph you decribe the trip on the back of the truck so well i can picture it in my mind sounds like fun!! well fun safe travels to you and your family Andy